Thursday, November 8, 2012

Cilantro Salsa Vegetable Soup


I have to give credit to my brilliant friend, Tiffany, for teaching me about this recipe.  I've changed it a little since we first made it but boy-oh-boy is it good!

I decided to make a blog post about it because my mother said my other recipe's are too time consuming.  

Before the recipe there are a few things regarding the ingredients that I need to clear up.  

1.  This stuff:

IS  

















In soups.

2.  These four ingredients:
 Make food taste good.  The sweetness of the carrot, the crisp green flavor from the celery, the rustic earthy onion, and flavorful aromatic garlic.  When added to just a few other things they make magic!

For the Salsa Vegetable Soup I added some diced tomatos, cauliflower, cilantro, broth/bouillon, and El Pato salsa.
BAM! Soup!



Cilantro Salsa Vegetable Soup

2 cups chopped carrots
2 cups chopped celery
2 cups chopped cauliflower
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped cilantro
2 tsp chopped garlic
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can El Pato Jalapeño Salsa (or 1/2 can for mild) 
2 bullion cubes and 4 cups water OR 4 cups broth
(chicken, tomato, cilantro, or vegetable works)

*Optional* - 4chicken winglets OR 1 large chicken breast, chopped

Put all ingredients into the crock pot, minus 1/4 cup of cilantro, and cook for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low.  Use remaining cilantro as a garnish or mixed in after cooking for added cilantro-iness.

 Chopping cilantro...

Pre-cooking.


Trust me, this soup is unbelievable with a few grilled corn tortillas on a cool day.





No comments:

Post a Comment